Oakridge Homes Facilities
Developmentally Disabled and Independent Living Services provided
Oakridge Homes is probably best known for the services and family type settings we provide in many communities for individuals with developmental disabilities or special needs. We own and operate adult foster care homes, also known as group homes, throughout five counties in central Minnesota.
In addition to our foster care homes, we provide the following services:
- Residential services to individuals with developmental disabilities
- Semi-independent living services (SILS)
- Independent living services (ILS)
- Supervised living services (SLS)
- Respite care
- In-home family support
- Occupational support service program support for college students (OSP)
- Housing with services (technology enhanced services)
- Variety of groups providing various activities to residents
Our services are truly individualized services and will be developed with client needs, wishes and input as the focus. Services will be provided with respect in regard to community values and cultural diversity. Problem solving on the part of client will be a key focus in all services provided. All services will be provided in accordance with the Individual Service Plans (ISP) developed by each individual’s social worker or case manager.
Oakridge Homes currently sponsors or has sponsored in the past both activity groups and support groups. Our support groups have focused on general living skills, mental health maintenance, budgeting, relationships, alcohol and drug education and Egala. Our activity groups have centered on cooking, music, crafts and other client interests. Currently, we offer: Wise Women, Creative Cookers, The Oakridge Boys, Oakridge Choir, Ensemble Group, Guitar Lessons, Acorn (Children’s Group), teen groups, music & movement and Oakridge Bowlers.
Openings in Our Homes
Developmentally Disabled adult foster care homes
- Aitkin 537 Home 2 beds available Male or Female Beatiful setting on the Ripple River Handicap accessible
- Aitkin Hwy 47 Home 2 beds available Male Country setting in Aitkin
All openings in our homes may not be listed as openings can occur at any time. Please call to inquire if the community you desire to place your loved one is not listed above.
- Please contact us for open beds available in all communities in which we operate foster care homes.
Openings in Services
- We are continually accepting new individuals into all support services programs that we provide including but not limited to SILS, ILS and IHFS.